Sunday, December 28, 2008

I know, I know...

So. First post.

I am only now just posting because I can't get a grip on my life. My friends are better about looking things up on the internet, making lists and following them, knowing cool things... in short, you all are better about being intentional. This is my first step in becoming more like you.

I decided to get in on this list craze. I can't help it. I make lists... but my lists are often neglected. My lists are more about organizing my thoughts and ideas even though they are often in the form of specific goals or intentions. I often don't follow my lists. I often view lists as something to break. I think it's part of my particular "gifted-ness." Kate has me reading Gifted Grownups and I'm loving it. But this is not the post for discussing that book, merely a sidetrack of my original intention... so let me get focused.

In my quest to be intentional I realized over the last month that I really enjoy making things. I made an knitted afghan, a 12-foot long scarf, 3 wood-burnings and am working on an advent calendar for my sister. All in one month (oh, and Jacob Eckeberger requisitioned me to embroider him some pillows) and I want to do more of it!

So, armed with my desire to create (and a growing fear of relying on my parents for money forever) I started an Etsy.com store. That's right. I signed up. I created an account. Hello world!

That being said I'm not really looking to make a lot of money (hardly any, in fact) but I fully believe that having a store will help me in my quest to be intentionally creative.

We shall see.

4 comments:

Kate said...

that's wonderful! to begin it doesn't really matter what you do, but that you are doing something.

you should convince bekah to sell some things on your site....

mattg said...

LINK IT, dangit. I still haven't gotten kristin a Christmas present (she hasn't gotten one for me either, so i'm still good).

Nothing says "DO STUFF" like a guy yelling at you, asking why the junk he paid for isn't ready yet.

P.S. Katie, I am starting to realize that I, too, need a 12-foot long doctor who scarf.

paint_pants said...

Awesome. I have an etsy account too but i haven't done anything with it.. so maybe this will motivate me as well

John said...

"to begin it doesn't really matter what you do, but that you are doing something."

hopefully its not heroin.